How to protect your belongings in storage?
April 5th, 2023
When storing your belongings, it's important to take certain measures to protect them from damage, theft, or loss. Here are some tips on how to protect your belongings in storage:
- Choose a reputable storage facility: Look for a storage facility that is secure, well-lit, and climate-controlled. Make sure the facility has security features such as surveillance cameras, gated access, and on-site management.
- Use sturdy packing materials: Use high-quality boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and other materials to protect your items from damage during transport and storage.
- Label your boxes: Clearly label your boxes with the contents and which room they belong to. This will make it easier to find and access your items when you need them.
- Don't store valuables: Avoid storing valuable items like jewelry, cash, or important documents in a storage unit. Instead, keep them with you or in a safe deposit box.
- Consider insurance: Some storage facilities offer insurance coverage for your belongings, but you may also want to consider additional coverage through your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy.
- Keep the unit clean and dry: Before storing your belongings, make sure the storage unit is clean and dry. Use pallets or shelving to keep your items off the ground and away from any potential moisture.
- Visit the unit regularly: Check on your storage unit regularly to make sure everything is still in good condition and nothing has been tampered with or stolen.
By following these tips, you can help protect your belongings and ensure they stay safe while in storage.